- Lead Pastor -
- Pastor Scott has been married to his beautiful wife Lori for 32 years. They have five adult children. Scott is a graduate of Ambassador Baptist College, Grace Baptist Theological Seminary, and Liberty Baptist Theological Seminary.
- Pastor Scott has lots of ministry experience. He has served Christ as Associate Pastor to Lena Baptist Church, Lena, Illinois, Church Planter at Messiah Baptist Church, Bethalto, Illinois. Senior Pastor to Gainsville Baptist Church, Lincolnton, North Carolina, Senior Pastor to New Life Baptist Church, Lincolnton, North Carolina, and Family Pastor to Crabapple First Baptist Church, Milton, Georgia.
- Pastor Scott is passionate about the Word. He is excited to bring the ministry of Bible expository preaching and teaching to the Coggins Church of Lexington.
Connect with Pastor Scott:
Connect with him on Facebook: Scott Slaughter
Read Pastor Scott's Blog.
Listen to Pastor Scott's Teaching.
- Minister of Music -
- Pete has had the joy of being married to Joyce since December of 1981. The Lord has blessed them with two children and their devoted spouses, in addition to five grandchildren.
- Joyce and Pete have been involved in local church ministry primarily in Ohio and North Carolina. They have also gone on mission trips together in the United States and in other countries. Pete and Joyce both enjoy music ministry as a way to express their love for the Lord. It is also an excellent way to tell others about Him.
- The apostle Paul states the purpose of music ministry this way in Ephesians 5:19- 'Speaking to one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing and making melody in your heart to the Lord.' Christian music is one of the things that can help each of us develop a God focus in our daily lives. It is also a great way to exalt His name together when we gather to worship Him.
- Pete considers it a privilege to be a part of the Coggins Church Family and to work alongside Pastor Scott as they encourage each other to worship and serve the Lord Jesus Christ.
Connect with Pete:
- Ministry Assistant -
- Lynda has been a part of the church her entire life. Having served as a Women on Mission group leader and as a volunteer on missions trips with the NC Baptist Men, and have worked with every age range from PreK (Mission Friends) to Youth.
- She has a good understanding of the potential Baptist churches have to reach the world for Christ. Her passion for the teachings of the church is with Children and Youth Bible Drills, where she feels she has learned more than she taught.
- Lynda graduated from Appalachian State University with a degree in Accounting. She and her husband have five grown sons.
- She began work at Coggins Memorial in October of 2014 and enjoys being a part of this church family as a member of the Support Staff.
Connect with Lynda:
- Church Pianist -
- Clara was born and raised in Charlotte, NC, and attended First Baptist Church of Weddington with her parents. She attended United Faith Christian Academy K-12th Grade. She became interested in music in middle school and joined the school's praise team and performed in weekly chapel services under the guidance of Mrs. Cheryl Vought. She also has an interest in classical music and took private lessons from Mrs. Alisha Brooks from 8th grade till her senior year.
- In 2016, Clara attended Liberty University and graduated in 2020 with a bachelor's degree in Piano Performance. She currently attends UNC School of the Arts in pursuit of a performance degree in Collaborative Piano.
- While Living in Lynchburg, Clara attended Troutville Baptist Church and was their pianist from 2018-2021. She enjoys playing jazzy preludes, southern gospel hymns, and praise and worship mash-ups.
- Clara met James Passmore during her time at Liberty University. They got married in August 2020 and look forward to creating a life together.
Connect with Clara:
- Daycare Ministry Director -
- Lucretia Wilson has worked in the childcare field for the last 15 years in various roles ranging from a Family Childcare Provider to a Lead Teacher. She has also been the Owner and Director of her own Childcare Center. These experiences roles have given her understanding and knowledge in the Childcare Field.
- Lucretia's background in Childcare started when she was 16 years old working with her mother at her in-home Childcare. Eventually, this led her to pursue higher education in the field. She received her bachelor’s degree majoring in Human Development and Family Studies, with a concentration in Birth-Kindergarten Education from the University of North Carolina at Greensboro in 2009. In 2012 she graduated with a Master's Degree in Teaching Special Education from Liberty University, Lynchburg VA.
- Working in the Childcare Field has been her passion in life. Working with children, teachers, and parents brings her joy.
- "I am excited to be joining the Coggins Church Team and having the opportunity to bring my knowledge and experience to this ministry. I am overjoyed to be able to lead all the staff and families. I believe that all families and staff members are essential pieces to the success of the children at the center and together we can make the difference to create a powerful next generation of children! I look forward to growing with the Coggins family and establishing relationships with everyone involved."
Connect with Lucretia:
CDC Office: 336.249.0372
- Assistant Director, Daycare Ministry -
- For 18 years Tosha has served at the Coggins Child Development Center. She got her Early Childhood Associates Degree in 2007 and began working at Coggins. Tosha has been serving the Lord Jesus, families, and children through the various daycare ministries of Coggins Church.
- Tosha has 2 children and a grandson who she loves dearly. Working in this field has given her the experiences that I need to have understanding and the knowledge to teach the children throughout the year.
- Tosha will continue to serve the Lord and gain experiences and establish relationships through her love for the children and the joy of caring for them.
Connect with Tosha:
CDC Office: 336.249.0372