- Lead Pastor -
- Pastor Scott has been married to his beautiful wife Lori for 30 years. They have five adult children. Scott is a graduate of Ambassador Baptist College, Grace Baptist Theological Seminary, and Liberty Baptist Theological Seminary.
- Pastor Scott has lots of ministry experience. He has served Christ as Associate Pastor to Lena Baptist Church, Lena, Illinois, Church Planter at Messiah Baptist Church, Bethalto, Illinois. Senior Pastor to Gainsville Baptist Church, Lincolnton, North Carolina, Senior Pastor to New Life Baptist Church, Lincolnton, North Carolina, and Family Pastor to Crabapple First Baptist Church, Milton, Georgia.
- Pastor Scott is passionate about the Word. He is excited to bring the ministry of Bible expository preaching and teaching to the Coggins Church of Lexington.
Connect with Pastor Scott:
Connect with him on Facebook: Scott Slaughter
Read Pastor Scott's Blog.
Listen to Pastor Scott's Teaching.
- Worship Ministry Intern -
- Noah has played guitar since he was 5 years old. He grew up watching his mother play in the praise band and he has aspired to serve in music ministry since he was in high school. Along with guitar, Noah also plays tuba, mandolin, piano, bass, guitar.
- He has an education from Montreat College with a concentration in worship arts and is currently studying to get his Bachelors of Arts in ministry at Andersonville Theological Seminary. His main instrument of expertise at Montreat College was with his voice. He is a proficient vocal teacher using a unique "Estill System".
- Noah gave his life over to the Lord at the age of 18. Although he is a "late bloomer", he is very passionate about theological worship and how we view music in the rhelm of the church. He enjoys listening to Southern Gospel music. His favorite quartets are Mark Trammel, Greater Vision, Happy Goodmans and Kingdom Heirs.
- Noah loves to play sports, go on hikes and has in the past coached and worked as a basketball referee. He played college lacrosse at Montreat College and along with his calling to pursue a theological education, he looks to advance his skill sets in sports officiating.
Connect with Noah:
- Assistant Worship Team Leader -
- Ministry Assistant -
- Lynda has been a part of the church her entire life. Having served as a Women on Mission group leader and as a volunteer on missions trips with the NC Baptist Men, and has worked with every age range from PreK (Mission Friends) to Youth.
- She has a good understanding of the potential Baptist churches have to reach the world for Christ. Her passion for the teachings of the church is with Children and Youth Bible Drills, where she feels she has learned more than she taught.
- Lynda graduated from Appalachian State University with a degree in Accounting. She and her husband have five grown sons.
- She began work at Coggins Memorial in October of 2014 and enjoys being a part of this church family as a member of the Support Staff.
Connect with Lynda:
- Ministry Intern -
- Will has been married to Hannah for nearly four years and have a precious little girl who is 1 year old. There is also another child on the way! Will is third year student at The Southern Baptist Theological Seminary pursuing his Masters of Divinity Degree with a Great Commissions focus. Will graduated with a Bachelors of Arts in Theatre at the University of West Georgia.
- In the Spring of 2010 Will gave his life to Christ after years of struggle in a religious home. Like all of us he wrestled with sin, not "being a good enough person" in addition with not grasping a clear knowledge of the relationship you can have with Jesus. After receiving and surrendering to the Gospel, Will was free from unrighteousness during his junior year in college. Will could recall after being in a religious home how grateful he felt the next day after having his heart renewed. In his testimony he has mentioned "like a veil was lifted from my eyes that day, I could now see." What a beautiful picture of the Gospel at work!
- Ever since the Lord's called Will to ministry in 2015, he has hit the ground running with a Student Ministry Internship at Crabapple First Baptist Church back in 2017. He first served in ministry in 2015 as a volunteer with the media and sound department as well as worship leader at Cherokee Baptist Church. Will has also been an Assosiate Pastor concentrating in Family Ministry at Denver Baptist Church in Denver, North Carolina.
- Will is blessed to be apart of the ministry here at Coggins and loves serving various teams and ministries here. One of Wills go-to verses for meditation includes 2 Corinthians 5:17 as a wonderful reminder of the redemptive work Christ has done in and for us!
Connect with Will:
- Ministry Intern -
- Rick and his wife, Celia, and their family joined Crabapple First Baptist Church in Milton, GA in November 1997.
- Since that time Rick: served as Director of Children’s Sunday School, taught 5th Grade Sunday School for over 12 years, participated in the Faith Evangelism outreach program, served on a mission trip to Portugal, served as the Men’s Ministry Director, served two terms as an active deacon, and as Chairman of Deacons for three years, taught Parenting Classes as part of the Family Ministries program with Pastor Scott Slaughter, served on the Personnel Team for over 5 years,taught ESL class on Wednesday evenings for two years,
taught the 6th & 7th Grade Sunday School class, served as Assistant Director of the Children’s Music Ministry with his wife, Celia, choir member (tenor) for more years than I recall, and led the Church ByLaws team responsible for rewriting the old constitution, which led to the restoration of the biblical office of Elders to CFBC.
- While at Coggins Church in June/July of 2020, Rick was instrumental in various programs with Pastor Scott Slaughter to complete the following projects: Internship Program outline of the scope, process, and procedures. Online Intern application process and web-based tool. CARE Ministry call outline. Sunday School class re-opening summary outline. Interview/discussion with Daycare Program Director, Lucretia Wilson. Worship Center seating plan for COVID-19 compliance
- Rick gave his heart to Jesus as a young boy after attending a summer church camp, and reading The Cross and the Switchblade. He was ordained to the deacon ministry in 1981 at Springfield First Baptist Church, Springfield, Illinois. He married Celia on June 29, 1974, who went to be with our Lord Jesus on March 22, 2018. Their three children are Jason, Erica, and Derek, and four grandchildren are Makenzie, Makayla, Luke, and Cara Reese. Rick is currently in his second semester at The Master’s Seminary in Panorama City, CA pursuing an MDiv degree.
Connect with Rick:
- CDC Director -
- Lucretia Wilson has worked in the childcare field for the last 15 years in various roles ranging from a Family Childcare Provider to a Lead Teacher. She has also been the Owner and Director of her own Childcare Center. These experiences roles have given her understanding and knowledge in the Childcare Field.
- Lucretia's background in Childcare started when she was 16 years old working with her mother at her in-home Childcare. Eventually, this led her to pursue higher education in the field. She received her bachelor’s degree majoring in Human Development and Family Studies, with a concentration in Birth-Kindergarten Education from the University of North Carolina at Greensboro in 2009. In 2012 she graduated with a Master's Degree in Teaching Special Education from Liberty University, Lynchburg VA.
- Working in the Childcare Field has been her passion in life. Working with children, teachers, and parents brings her joy.
- "I am excited to be joining the Coggins Church Team and having the opportunity to bring my knowledge and experience to this ministry. I am overjoyed to be able to lead in all the staff and families. I believe that all families and staff members are essential pieces to the success of the children at the center and together we can make the difference to create a powerful next generation of children! I look forward to growing with the Coggins family and establishing relationships with everyone involved."
Connect with Lucretia:
CDC Office: 336.249.0372
- CDC Assistant Director -
- For 18 years Tosha has served at the Coggins Child Development Center. She got her Early Childhood Associates Degree in 2007 and began working at Coggins. Tosha has been serving the Lord Jesus, families and children through the various daycare ministries of Coggins Church.
- Tosha has 2 children and a grandson who she loves dearly. Working in this field has given her the experiences that I need to have understanding and the knowledge to teach the children throughout the year.
- Tosha will continue to serve the Lord and gain experiences and establish relationships through her love for the children and the joy for caring for them.
Connect with Tosha:
CDC Office: 336.249.0372