"For as in one body we have many members, and the members do not all have the same function, so we, though many, are one body in Christ, and individually members one of another."
- Romans 12:4-5 -
Here at Coggins Church we believe in the covenant to one another and the building up of the body that is, in formally joining a church. It is vital for the Christian to be reconciled to one another through the bride, the Church. As a formal member you say to the church "I am committed to you!" As the Church responds in embracing the new member in covenantal love bringing forth unity, accountability, and growth.
(click the image below to inquire for more information)
Frequently Asked Questions Below:
What is Church Membership?
Joining a Church is one of the most important steps within the Christian life. It says you are committed in a covenantal relationship with the church body whom you serve and worship the Lord with.
- Biblical References of Church Membership:
- Romans 12:4-5
- Acts 20:28
- Hebrews 10:25
- Ephesians 2:19-22
- 1 Corinthians 12:12-27
Is Coggins Church Right For Me?
- We pray that you feel welcome and are the right fit to join!
- We at Coggins Church encourage you to review the "about" section and under that subsection take a look at "New to Coggins Church?", "Who We Are" and "Worship". This gives you a picture of beliefs and doctrinal statement of what we believe.
- We understand that not every church is meant for every person, but we welcome those in membership that believe in God's Holy Word and love God's people. In addition, we encourage you to visit us on campus as well as watch our videos online
How Do I Join the Church?
- We would like to get to know you! At the end of every service Pastor Scott gathers in the lobby and is available to you. All you need to do is express interest in joining the church to Pastor Scott.
- Get connected with us and share your story! After you have set up a time with Pastor Scott to meet together, we would love to hear your testimony, declare a statement of faith and let us know if you need a transfer of letter if you are formally a member of another church. From there, the following Sunday, the church body will have a member meeting after the service and will vote on your membership.
- If confirmed by the congregation, we will inform you on the churches decision and then congratulate you by introducing you to the church that very next service!